Interested in becoming more involved with the Samaritan Community Center?
At SCC our vision is to encourage all who enter our doors to find hope and experience positive life change. That statement doesn’t just apply to SCC clients. When we wrote “all who enter our doors” we meant it! Whether your interest is to serve as a volunteer, donate to your favorite program, or simply pray for us, there are many ways YOU can help. Below is a list of ways you and your family can get involved at SCC.
For more information on any of these opportunities, email us today!
Or sign up to volunteer in any of our feeding programs or thrift stores here.
- Make a financial gift online or by check
- Make a monthly commitment to give via automatic draft from your checking account
- Make an ongoing commitment to SCC through your employer’s payroll matching plan
- Give a gift in honor or memory of a friend or loved one
- Donate $10 gift cards from Walmart or a convenience store (Casey’s/Kum & Go) for use as gas cards for clients
- Donate your gently used household items, furniture and clothing to our Samaritan Shops
- Donate your used, working vehicle rather than trade-in or selling it
- When estate planning, consider making us a beneficiary as a long-term legacy
- Make a weekly commitment to serve in one of our programs
- Invite your friends or family to serve as a group for a one-time project
- Coordinate a neighborhood food or personal care item drive
- Coordinate a neighborhood thrift store drive
- Seek business donations through friends, family members and neighbors
- Sign up to volunteer here
OTHER WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
- Learn more about the subjects of poverty, hunger and food insecurity and educate others about it
- Share with your friends, family and co-workers about SCC and encourage them to get involved
- Write or call your elected representatives to advocate on behalf of the poor
- Pray for SCC, our clients, volunteers and families
- Grow a row in your garden for the hungry and donate the produce to SCC
- Like our three pages on Facebook; Follow us on Twitter and Instagram and share our posts
- Sign up for our twice-a-year mailing and our weekly e-newsletter
- Connect us to your business, church, civic group or school