We Couldn't Do it Without You!
Local businesses – both large and small – are incredibly important to the success of SCC programs. Whether it’s working at one of our centers as a team building exercise, hosting a food drive for one of our feeding programs, or simply taking up a donation among employees, without the community support from local businesses, our centers would not be able to offer the services we do in the ways we do. The list below is only a sample of the many ways your business can help the Samaritan Community Center.
If you would like more information on how your business can become more involved in helping to feed the hungry and hurting of Northwest Arkansas, email our In-Kind Manager, Shannon Green, or call her at 479-636-4198. Or simply sign up to volunteer here.
- Donate product for use in our feeding or dental programs, or to sell in our Samaritan Shops (1/3 of all program funding comes from the stores)
- If your company has a charitable giving fund, nominate SCC to obtain funding
- If your company has a foundation that provides grant funding, assist us in applying for those funds
- If you are a restaurant, partner with us by harvesting leftover prepared food
- If you are a retail establishment, partner with us for a fundraiser
- If you participate in an event that has leftover product or food from a caterer, donate your leftovers
- Coordinate a food drive, personal care item drive, children’s book drive or gas card drive
- Arrange for a team building volunteer activity
- Arrange a lunch and learn opportunity where someone from SCC can come and speak on the subject of poverty and food insecurity
- Adopt a school in our SnackPacks for Kids program and deliver snackpacks weekly to that school throughout the school year
- Sign up to volunteer in any of our feeding programs or thrift stores here
OTHER WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
- Ask/enroll SCC to be included in your employer match giving programs
- Seek opportunities to educate both customers and employees about these key issues and to promote SCC through mailing and emailing opportunities as well as signage within your organization